Saturday, October 8, 2011

my handyman, mr. atwater

this whole process has made me realize how impatient i am. in the last couple of days, i have come up with four projects for sean for this weekend (things that i am unable or unwilling to do). he just looks at me like im crazy and keeps telling me that things take time. last weekend he rebuilt the porch columns - because if you remember, they looked like this. now they look like this:



next step: wrap them, and then guide the plants to grow up them.
project for today: start prepping the living room to paint it, and get sean on a project before the gator football game starts at 2:30 and productivity officially ends. my goal for him: seal some of the holes in the attic that critters make their way into our home through.

speaking of rodents - i think it's time for an update on the rodent war.
we haven't killed any new rats in about a week, though sean did ask me this morning if i smelled something funny (aka a dead animal) in our room. ugh. and yesterday morning i was sitting at the desk and above me i heard something running around and making lots of squeaks. after about 30 minutes of researching possum sounds on the internet, i convinced myself that a rat couldn't be that loud. oh, and on thursday in the middle of my bikram (hot and very sweaty) yoga class i found a rat turd on my towel. and then spent the next 30 minutes trying to decide if i should flick it off or leave it on my towel. ill let you guess what i decided.

tally: rodents are still winning.

3 comments:

  1. this blog is hysterical! you guys are really having some serious adventures. more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I'm SO stoked that you're going to have plants grow up those columns. That will be so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. I would have had to chalk that Bikram class up for a loss.

    ReplyDelete