Thursday, September 22, 2011

update on the rodent war

just a quick update. mostly because im grumpy and want to share my misfortunes.

i had a bag of bird seed in the outside laundry room and went in yesterday morning to find it open and a bunch of rat ('could be squirrel' - sean keeps saying) poop all around the bag. and i heard something rumbling around. so after hightailing it out of there, sean set a few rat traps. yesterday he came home and found a few that had been trapped. he was trying so hard to not tell me that he actually caught any, but i finally got it out of him. why i insisted on knowing the truth, i have no idea. so, with a few (im going to keep in vague for your benefit) dead rats, i have decided that we should keep a tally on this war.

here's where we are so far:

humans: killed a few rats, reset rat traps, going to get a free kitty off of craigslist tomorrow (name suggestions, anyone?)

rats: ate bird food and made it so i am scared to go into the laundry room
denied me a restful night of sleep for now 3 nights
made it so i can't have a chicken coop because rats like chickens
and caused me to scream out loud four times last night because i thought i saw a rat (including in my full bath), which then led to sean being on edge

the rats are still winning. but just you wait. by the end of this, im going to be spearing those assholes with my own hands.

1 comment:

  1. eric is asleep next to me and I had to try to not laugh out loud.

    and you're getting a kitty? I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete